Whether you are brand new to eyelash extensions or a regular connoisseur, it is important to keep your lashes looking clean and full. Like everything, eyelash extensions need a little TLC to ensure they reach their full potential.
‘How long do lash extensions normally last?’ Lashes are delicate so the answer is up to you and how well you take care of them. With proper care, eyelash extensions can last for up to six weeks!
There are many key components to keeping your lashes looking full and beautiful.
- Keep your extensions as dry as possible for at least 24-48 hours after application. Water will react with your eyelash extensions causing them to flash cure. When flash cure occurs, the bond will become more brittle, causing your lashes to break off much quicker. Try to avoid spas, showers, humidity, and steamy environments.
- After the 48 hour mark, your extensions are basically waterproof. If you are someone that is constantly in a pool or hot spa, your lashes will not last as long.
- Avoid activities that involve constant rubbing of your eyes.
- Make sure to use oil-free products of your face, specifically cleansers and makeup removers. We suggest using our Eyelash Cleanser Foam. It gives you optimal lash retention, boosts natural lash health, it is oil free and meant for all skin types.
- Blotting papers, oil-control moisturizer, and mattifying lotions should be your best friend when trying to tackle oily skin. The more oil you keep away from your lashes, the longer the glue will hold.
- It’s important to make sure you don’t leave any products near your lashes as they could affect the lash glue’s ability to hold. Properly clean your lashes morning and night for optimal lash retention.
As always, if there are any questions or concerns give the Eyelash Club a call!
- Do not use oil based products or waterproof mascara on your extensions. Although there is mascara made for eyelash extensions, we suggest avoiding mascara all together. The oily properties can weaken the glue bond holding your extensions to your regular lash, which can make them fall out.
- Do not use makeup wipes, baby wipes, or cotton pads to remove makeup off of your extensions.
- Do not remove extensions by yourself. Removing extensions by yourself can really damage your natural lashes and rip them out. We offer free removal to all of our members and only $30 removal for non members. Give us a call if you need a lash break!
- Do not wear strip lashes on top or under your eyelash extensions. They will rip out your extensions along with your natural lash in the removal process.