Whether you are brand new to eyelash extensions or a regular connoisseur, it is important to keep your lashes looking clean and full. Like everything, eyelash extensions need a little TLC to ensure they reach their full potential.
‘How long do lash extensions normally last?’ Lashes are delicate so the answer is up to you and how well you take care of them. With proper care, eyelash extensions can last for up to six weeks!
There are many key components to keeping your lashes looking full and beautiful.
- Keep your extensions as dry as possible for at least 24-48 hours after application. Water will react with your eyelash extensions causing them to flash cure. When flash cure occurs, the bond will become more brittle, causing your lashes to break off much quicker. Try to avoid spas, showers, humidity, and steamy environments.
- After the 48 hour mark, your extensions are basically waterproof. If you are someone that is constantly in a pool or hot spa, your lashes will not last as long.
- Avoid activities that involve constant rubbing of your eyes.
- Make sure to use oil-free products of your face, specifically cleansers and makeup removers. We suggest using our Eyelash Cleanser Foam. It gives you optimal lash retention, boosts natural lash health, it is oil free and meant for all skin types.
- Blotting papers, oil-control moisturizer, and mattifying lotions should be your best friend when trying to tackle oily skin. The more oil you keep away from your lashes, the longer the glue will hold.
- It’s important to make sure you don’t leave any products near your lashes as they could affect the lash glue’s ability to hold. Properly clean your lashes morning and night for optimal lash retention.
As always, if there are any questions or concerns give the Eyelash Club a call!
- Do not use oil based products or waterproof mascara on your extensions. Although there is mascara made for eyelash extensions, we suggest avoiding mascara all together. The oily properties can weaken the glue bond holding your extensions to your regular lash, which can make them fall out.
- Do not use makeup wipes, baby wipes, or cotton pads to remove makeup off of your extensions.
- Do not remove extensions by yourself. Removing extensions by yourself can really damage your natural lashes and rip them out. We offer free removal to all of our members and only $30 removal for non members. Give us a call if you need a lash break!
- Do not wear strip lashes on top or under your eyelash extensions. They will rip out your extensions along with your natural lash in the removal process.
Lash retention is one of the most important things to our clients. After all, who wants their lashes to fall out prematurely? Lash retention is just how long eyelash extensions last on the natural lash before falling out. The Eyelash Club in Tempe, Arizona only uses the best for your lashes to give them the best chance. There are many other helpful tips and tricks to keeping your lashes at their best.
Lash Glue affects retention.
You may think the most important thing would be a good adhesive, but if only it were that easy. There are other factors to lash retention like temperature, using the glue properly, and preparing the lashes properly. Adhesives work differently in different temperatures and humidities. Most glues work best in 40- 50% humidity. There are other glues that work in higher humidities too. Your lash tech is an expert in knowing what glues work best in your climate.
Using the right amount of adhesive is very important. Too much and you can cause irritation and lashes will stick together. On the other hand too little won’t place well and the lashes will come off as you brush them. If you can see the glue on your lashes thats the #1 sign it is too much.
Not only does the glue have to be in the right environment, applied with the correct amount, but even the timing of a lash extension going from glue to natural lash is important. A lash that has taken too much time after the glue is applied will become half cured and not bond as well to the natural lash. This can be a big reason for bad retention.
Clean those lashes!
Clean lashes are super important for good retention as well. Clean lashes give your extensions the best surface to bond to. Any makeup residue or oils will compromise the bond of your extensions. Always start your appointment with clean lashes. We recommend Eyelash Club‘s lash cleanser. It’s gentle enough for everyday use while giving a small amount of hydration to the skin. Ask your lash tech if you would like to try it before your next appointment!
When you get beautiful lash extensions from Eyelash Club, there are some things you should be aware of so they stay full and fluffy for a longer period of time. There are certain products that you can and can’t use with lash extensions. All lash wearers should understand what certain products can do to your lashes!
A product that we recommend our client to use to clean their lash extensions is LashPure Eyelash and Eyelid Cleanser. This is a soft, foamy cleanser that is not too harsh on your extensions. You want to remove all of your makeup first. Then, you want to wash your eyelashes. Do so by mixing the cleanser with some water in your hands and gently brushing them down through your lash extensions. You want to make sure you do not rub left and right on your lashes, as this will loosen the bond of the glue. Gently run your fingers down your lashes to remove any excess bacteria or dandruff that may be built up in your extensions.
Products to use with eyelash extensions are your normal everyday products. Make sure that the products you put on your face are oil-free. If your makeup has oils in it, the chances of you loosing lashes increases. When removing makeup, an excellent product to use is Garnier’s Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water. The main aspect you need to focus on is choosing oil-free products. You can wear oil-free mascara, although it is not necessary with extensions. When you apply mascara to your lashes only apply it to the tips of the lashes. Avoid running the product all the way from the root of the eyelash to the tip as this will affect the bondage of the glue on your lashes.
You want to make sure you stay away from oil-based products as these will loosen the glue and you will see more fallout than normal. Be sure to check the labels on your makeup products to see if they are oil-free before purchasing. You do not need to wear mascara with lash extensions as you will automatically have full lashes everyday you wake up. If you choose to wear mascara, a highly recommended one for lash extensions is Maybelline’s Great Lash mascara. This is oil-free, and not water proof.
Eyelash extensions are a quick and easy solution to having full, fluffy lashes. A question that is commonly asked is, when is the appropriate time to get an eyelash fill? Everyone is unique and different from one another, as this same rule applies to your eyelashes!
How to Know When
There are many determining factors that go into the solution of filling in your eyelashes. The most important factor to take into consideration is the overall look of the lashes. If you feel like there are a lot of gaps, or space, between your lashes you should go and get a fill. The usual time frame individuals receive lash fills are 2-3 weeks, but this differs from person to person. The timing all comes down to how well you maintain them.
Depending on the person, you will see various amounts of fall out. Your lashes will do what you do to them, so it is important to keep your daily activities in mind when having lash extensions. Take into consideration the way you wash your face and your eyelashes. You do not want to be too rough when cleaning them, or else you will need a fill sooner than expected.
Also, depending on how you sleep can be a determining factor. If you are a rough sleeper, your eyelashes will become looser and looser and naturally fall out at a quicker rate than others. When doing everyday activities always remember that you have extensions on!
Your eyes are the main focal point of your face, so why not make them even more beautiful than they already are? Lash extensions give your eyes that extra pop that every girl is looking for. The best part about lash extensions is not having to apply any makeup! The benefits to getting eyelash extensions seem to be endless!
Look Good, Feel Good
With eyelash extensions, you will look and feel better! Everywhere we look in the media, and in advertisements, we see high end moguls and models with beautiful lashes. The icons that we view play an huge part in our personal self esteem. We want to feel as good as the stars we look up to!
Eyelash extensions instantly enhance your eyes. They will look bigger, brighter and more youthful! The lashes will also bring out the color of your eyes. You will soon start to see the compliments pouring in, as your confidence will increase with it. When you look good, you feel good!
You can still do everything you did before. Eyelash Club extensions look natural and are weightless; you will most likely forget that you are wearing them! After the first 48 hours, you can go about your business as normal. You can even swim and shower with the lashes.
You will also have time to spare. No more rushing in the morning to put on your makeup and get out the door. With lash extensions you can throw away all your mascara products as you won’t need them at all! You can sleep in a little longer, because Eyelash Club’s extensions naturally frame and emphasize your eyes, so curling your lashes and applying eye makeup is not necessary anymore. Also, you don’t have to bother taking off eye makeup once the day is done.
With lash extensions you will have the ease of getting ready in the morning. These natural, yet eye-catching, extensions will brighten up your face for all to see! 🙂